Dragonfly

Dragonfly - L.E. Bryce The story is slow moving and very tamed, there is very little angst and not much sex (always a plus, the way I see it). It's about emotional recovery of an abused concubine, who lost not only his patrons, but also his friends simply by standing up to his abuser and taking him to court.

Inandre's new patron, Shapur, is kind and gentle, a man of age and of quite average looks and built. Yet he is exactly what Inandre needs. He stands by Inandre and defends him without fail and in the end seems to manage to coax the young man out of his shell.

I love the series, I can't help it. Maybe part of it is that's a nice change of pace after such books as [b:The Invisible Chains: Bonds of Hate|9316433|The Invisible Chains - Part 1 Bonds of Hate (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse, #1)|Andrew Ashling|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1305909356s/9316433.jpg|14199581] or [b:Year of the Cat|6136769|Year of the Cat|Selah March|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1232873971s/6136769.jpg|6315416].

I wish there was another book about Hanithi, after all, the boy deserves a nicer life and a better lover, too.

Mammarella