SPOILER ALERT!

Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2) by Syd McGinley

Twice-Caught - Syd McGinley

Before I say anything else,

I love SMG's books! I adore - hear me? - adore!  "What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, back to originally scheduled bitching.

That's it. I did it. I started the series...

... and I finished it. I wanted answers and now I will never have them.

My suffers were for nothing. I have more questions than before and they are driving me insane. Nothing makes sense and there is no logic at all where the worldbuilding is concerned. I hate this book so much...

...it makes me feel crazy crazy feelz...

...which I really want to share so my head won't explode, but I am going to spare you. You've suffered enough, if you have ever made it past first two chapters.

However, I still choose to present my absolute favorite pet peeve.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!
---------------------"

"Mothers" (an elite, controlling all-female entity) explain a couple of times throughout the series why boys must live in the woods.

This is what they say
Mothers: The young kids go through crash survival course at the age of eight and then released into the woods for the additional 8 or 9 years of rough living so they can truly appreciate "civilization".

Um... WHAT? @.@

This is what my eyes saw and my brain suffered through
Child sex-slave traders: Young children with only basic survival skills and extremely limited supplies are dumped in the woods for almost a decade. We promise, that the rough experience will not only guarantee to enhance their life as sex slaves, but also make them truly appreciate it.

-------------------------

Half star.

Additional star for Tarin, Ofer and Aran. The only three I cared for, even though Aran drove me insane with his singing.

Mammarella