Slide by Garrett Leigh

Slide - Garrett Leigh

I tried giving this book a few days before writing review. But no, nothing has changed.

I can't exactly say the story was boring or dull to the full extent of it. It just had this sense of "no way out". MCs are stuck in  a tiresome cycle, going through the same motions weeks after weeks of nuclear neverending winter. Kafka much?  There was no progression of any sort during most of the book, no character or plot development that I could see.

I don't know, maybe it was the author's intention to make the book this monotonous, with cold grey depressing winter as backdrop.

None of the secondary characters made an impression on me either. None. Apparently they were not important enough which brings up the question, why some of them were even there to begin with. The girl in the end - why? Unless, of course, she plays some important - very important - part further in the series.

Pete, to some extent, became even more dazed and confused as the time passed, despite all of his "moments of clarity". Ash, in the epilogue, sounded like a drone. Convenient coincidences and perpetual drama  with no bright spots whatsoever did not help to gain any stars either.

Minor typos and editorial errors at this point are irrelevant.

Mammarella