The Hand-me-down

The Hand-me-down - Zahra Owens Wow, this is one scary book!

SPOILERS!!!!

The amount of sick people in this book is mind-boggling! Left and right peeps get laid and as a result diagnosed with scary STD stuff while catching other extremely scary non-STD illness and die, get mental illness and abuse their kids and die, get sick and die, get abused by crowds (twice) and diagnosed with scary STD stuff (twice), get sick and almost die, get sick and die, get PTSD and OCD, held hostage and get hurt (this time with no STD as a result)... *pants...* Lemme catch my breath...

These are all different people, mind you! Except for "abused by crowds (twice), diagnosed with scary STD stuff (twice) and held hostage and get hurt (but only once, thank God!)" - that all happens to one person.

Not sure I can get over the amount of sick people in this book. This is way over the top even for my love for PTSD-ing OCD-ing souls (as a matter of fact I JUST commented on that while discussing [b:Inheritance|11776426|Inheritance (Dominion, #1)|Lissa Kasey|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1313709546s/11776426.jpg|16727965]).

Not badly written, I loved the idea in general, but - c'mon! People drop sick and dead left and right!

2.5 stars.