Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2) - Aleksandr Voinov I don't know if the following can be classified as a "review". This is just my personal impression and my own thoughts, and I am certainly not trying to convince anyone whether this is a good or bad read.

***

WOW. This is getting better-er and better-er! =) Forgive my English, but I am under the influence of a truly amazing work here @.@

I love books about mafia, even if it's about very evil Russian mafia (and they are, usually, they are). This is also the first book ever for me that contains phone sex scene that's not only readable but also enjoyable. Loved the ending, the fact that even the toughest mafiosi need a human touch and compassion. A lot of "mafia" books are lacking in that particular department.

Also have to mention the use of Italian. There is enough of it in the books to set the right atmosphere, yet at the same time simple and sparse enough to make the dictionary trips unnecessary.

Looking forward to the third book. Nothing like a beautiful lethal woman turning out to be a beautiful lethal guy. Perfect series in every way possible =)

Mammarella