Black Snow by E.A.B.

Black Snow - EAB

3.25 stars.

I enjoyed the very beginning of the book, even tho the incident with the mirror/Queen at Roland's house gave me a pause. It annoyed me to no end that nothing ever came out of it. I guess it's editing problems.
I didn't mind the middle of the story, palace comings and goings, even tho I thought that Brier used Quintin and led him on one too many times. But if the guy is spineless and clueless, then - whatevers, it's his own doing.
The last 40% of the book, however, grated on my nerves big time. I don't know if the author was under pressure, there was no time to edit, I have no clue. It seemed very chaotic to me and, honestly, I stopped caring for the characters altogether.
There was also a big time/reality confusion moment with modern (more or less) medical equipment and procedure names. All the juicy pregnancy and birth details reminded me once again why I prefer to stay away from mpreg. But I guess that's my problem, not author's.

In the end I can say that I did enjoy the story (had to sleep on it, tho, and sort things out) and will definitely read more from EAB in the future.

PS